INDIGENOUS MARKETING MANAGER AND HOSPITALITY ASSISTANT
The Haven Hostel is looking for an Indigenous Marketing Manager and Hospitality Assistant (First Nation, Metis, or Inuit), who will be a well rounded individual in reception, managing all social media platforms, creating content for physical and web content, and an overall fun and enthusiastic individual. We have a very unique team and are always looking to expand our building footprint and the happenings within it. Creative and forward thinking would be a great asset as our city core continues to grow and improve. We have future building projects, business pivots, expansion, and tonnes of marketing to push to our outter limits and beyond!
- Manage creating and scheduling social media content
- Monitor social media channels and respond to customer inquiries and comments
- Assist with the maintenance of the hostel's website,
- Marketing the hostel and affiliates for local and national projects
- Helping develop and plan for a new event space
- General reception duties
- Managing different online travel agents, bookings, taking phone calls, handling cash, giving tourism advise and polite and courteous customer service.
- Understand and follow The Haven Hostel's Policies and Procedures and set good precedence
Must be Indigenous (First Nation, Metis, Inuit)
- Reside in Northern Ontario
- Be 18 years of Age or Older
- Has not participated in an NOHFC internship prior
**This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Indigenous Workforce Development Program. It is a requirement under this program that the selected candidate for this position self-identify as an Indigenous person. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/indigenous-workforce-development-stream**
Please apply via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be reviewed fairly and in a timely fashion. We hope to hear from you soon! Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Live-In Volunteer (Currently Full - Stay Tuned)
We are always looking out for the next volunteer as the season changes!!. On top of our amazing staff we also look for super fun and outgoing individuals who can keep the hostel vibe positive - an integral part of the hostel atmosphere as we often mentor, and often find OURSELVES being mentored.
Positions are staggered with a minimum 2 month commitment. The story goes something like this:
We are always searching for someone responsible with a great attitude and unique skill set! We love having new teammates help out however they can: Housekeeping, trades of all kinds (carpentry, building, tiling, plumbing), artistry and marketing in exchange for accommodation & great company.
Our main mandate is to get our guests out, having fun, and making sure everyone arrives without a hitch - so we need you to get out and explore too and rock our region! You will often bump into guests so might as well know how to start the conversation.
We keep an extremely clean environment and have very high standards that always make the following day's tasks easier as we remain diligent.
Each night one volunteer will need to be on-call solely in the case of an emergency after 8/10 PM (time dependent on season). Duties and preferred roles will be discussed in detail during inquiry and interview stage.
Your stay with us would be offset by your volunteer hours and breakfast is on us every morning. We have a family oriented staff who always find the fun in everything - guaranteed shared meals on the BBQ will be happening.
Our new volunteer would share a small but super cozy, two bed dormitory complete with desks with our amazing on-site Supervisor - Hanuman (Male). There may be opportunity for alternative accommodation. There is extra gear and warehouse storage on-site for any larger items you may have to store, and a locker and private bunk in the room.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Be working or studyinig in a related field
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Be able to speak fluent English, French is an asset
- Hold a valid passport valid six (6) months after the desired return date
- Volunteer positions are a minimum of two months
- On your arrival the hostel manager will provide training on all assigned jobs
- Must have references and great vibes all around!
- Shifts are usually between 11 and 3 for houskeep, 12/3-10 PM for reception, and on-call shifts start when closed. Dont worry, you can sleep!
- Work schedule is 15-20 hours per work, schedule may be set to weekdays and/or weekends
Please apply via email only to: email@example.com
All applicants will be reviewed fairly and in a timely fashion. We hope to hear from you soon!