SUMMER RECEPTION & MARKETING ASSISTANT
The Haven Hostel is an all inclusive accommodation and tourism information hub that is expanding in downtown Thunder Bay, Ontario. We cater to all kinds of clientele from around the world and are known for our quirkiness and excellent customer service. As the busiest season to date is among us we are ramping up for a fun and exciting summer. We are looking for a summer student/junior candidate to train who is keen to learn and assist with our fun vibe. We want to get the word out there about our little gem of a hostel and tourism hub on the north shore of Lake Superior.
- Create marketing strategy and execute plan
- Responding to social media enquiries in a polite and courteous manner
- Develop brand awareness and maintain and monitor online reputation
- Create online and harcopy marketing material with Adobe programs/Canva
- Create social media content and learn to schedule and manage said content. I.E. Creating content for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and our website - having fun and putting it out there!
- We will train on general reception duties and customer service
- Making bookings, taking phone calls, orientating new guests
- Sharing tourist information about Thunder Bay and getting guests pointed in the right direction. Local knowledge an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
- Excellent time management skills
- Outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and social abilities
- Ability to spot emerging trends
- Familiarity with social media, social networking, email marketing, and search engines such as Instagram, Tik Tok, and Facebook Business
- Can create content using Adobe
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Creative and forward thinker
Please apply via email only to: Holly@thehavenhostel.ca
All applicants will be reviewed fairly and in a timely fashion. We hope to hear from you soon!
Now looking for a live-in Volunteer!!. On top of our amazing staff we also look for super fun and outgoing individuals who can keep the hostel vibe positive - an integral part of the hostel atmosphere as we often mentor, and often find OURSELVES being mentored.
Positions are staggered with a minimum 2 month commitment. The story goes something like this:
We are always searching for someone responsible with a great attitude and unique skill set! We love having new teammates help out however they can: Housekeeping, trades of all kinds (carpentry, building, tiling, plumbing), artistry and marketing in exchange for accommodation & great company.
Our main mandate is to get our guests out, having fun, and making sure everyone arrives without a hitch - so we need you to get out and explore too and rock our region! You will often bump into guests so might as well know how to start the conversation.
We keep an extremely clean environment and have very high standards that always make the following day's tasks easier as we remain diligent.
Each night one volunteer will need to be on-call solely in the case of an emergency after 8/10 PM (time dependent on season). Duties and preferred roles will be discussed in detail during inquiry and interview stage.
Your stay with us would be offset by your volunteer hours and breakfast is on us every morning. We have a family oriented staff who always find the fun in everything - guaranteed shared meals on the BBQ will be happening.
Our new volunteer would share a small but super cozy, two bed dormitory complete with desks with our amazing on-site Supervisor - Hanuman (Male). There may be opportunity for alternative accommodation. There is extra gear and warehouse storage on-site for any larger items you may have to store, and a locker and private bunk in the room.
- Must be over the age of 18
- Be working or studyinig in a related field
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Be able to speak fluent English, French is an asset
- Hold a valid passport valid six (6) months after the desired return date
- Volunteer positions are a minimum of two months
- On your arrival the hostel manager will provide training on all assigned jobs
- Must have references and great vibes all around!
- Shifts are usually between 11 and 3 for houskeep, 12/3-10 PM for reception, and on-call shifts start when closed. Dont worry, you can sleep!
- Work schedule is 15-20 hours per work, schedule may be set to weekdays and/or weekends