Hey Hostel Lovers! We know things are definitely different out there, and we are located in a community where we have all shared information, pivoted, and come together to ensure we make your visit to our city, or perhaps from within the city limits, exceptional! Most importantly, safe and comfortable. Being a smaller community we also have the advantage of having fast and accurate information from our local health unit and health professionals that we are translating into our Haven. Heres what's up!
Check In, Check Out!
Lucky for us we have always been able to be contactless.
- Before you are able to finalize your booking online, preferably on our website at thehavenhostel.tempurl.host, you will be prompted with a set of terms and conditions that will now include and outline safety precautions and screening due to COVID-19 . If any of the conditions cannot be met the booking cannot be finalized. Once booked with a valid credit card you will receive a confirmation email with a personalized door code for access (we never have a communal door code so everyone remains private and secure)! With your door code will come instructions on all of the necessities and most importantly instructions to get to your room without a hitch.
- Walk-in bookings at the Front Desk will gladly be taken between 3 PM and 10 PM - please ring our outside intercom and our staff will gladly assist you.
- Social distancing measures will be in place upon your arrival and we will ensure our little reception space bubble will remain intact. Keep in mind we are now only accepting reservations by credit card or debit-visa. We will be charging your booking with the card that you have reserved with through our online portal.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures are in place at the front desk, in the lobby, and across guest touch points throughout the hostel with disinfecting taking place regularly.
- Sanitizing stations are available throughout the hostel.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping
- Our guest rooms are squeeky clean. We have enhanced our thorough cleaning protocols in all of our guest rooms. Extra attention is being paid to all touch points including but not limited to door handles, light switches, and lockers. Bunks are being cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19
- Communal dormitory bathrooms will be cleaned numerous times per day and guests will have extra sanitization options within both private and communal bathrooms.
- All of our dormitory options will now have 50% occupancy that allows more than ample room to share space. OR, this just in, each room can be purchased as a family room. All individual bookings will have a bottom bunk, and family bookings will have the run of the room.
- For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service will be available by request.
- We ask that all guests put their linens in a designated hamper on departure and everything will be treated through an anti-microbial wash.
- Hand sanitizing stations are placed in all public areas for guests and employees
- We have rejigged our furniture in common areas to accommodate social distancing
- Regular deep cleaning is carried out on all carpets and upholstery
- Hours within the kitchen will be limited - its definitely a change, but we can get through this together!
Breakfast and Kitchen Usage
- Our kitchen has always been an amazing space to cook food and mingle. And it still can be... just with some tweaks.
- Breakfast will now be offered in a take-away form on request. Little bundles of joy will include Fruit, Yogurt and banana bread. But don't worry, we will have ALL the caffeinated items blasting in the morning for all to consume... because, caffeine! Come on, it would take an apocalypse to deny someone liquid gold.
- Kitchen guest usage will be limited to certain hours so we can maintain a sterile environment. Time to get out in this outdoor mecca and enjoy it folks! Local beers and food on the go? Yes Please! We will also be offering take-out specials from some of our favorite Thunder Bay hot spots.
How you can help out
- The broken record continues: Wash your hands please! Remain two meters apart from all other guests at all times, we will have the space now for everyone to feel comfortable and still have a good time, we promise!
- Please adhere to our social distancing rules that will be posted throughout and follow our local and regional health unit guidelines. Just ask if you have any questions.
- Yes, just like all other service locations we are going to ask you some questions at the front. Please do not feel shy or hesitate to inform any of our staff if any symptoms develop during your stay. We can help you the best we can and have all the right contacts. This is for your own safety and for all others.
*** We are currently reorganizing our room structure for independent bookings and our new family style accommodations. Please check back regularly for details and please at anytime give us a ring if you need a personalized booking that you may not see just yet!***
We can be reached at:
email@example.com or call 1-807-285-1142
Dont let our world's current state fool you into thinking our outdoor scene in Thunder Bay has slowed down, let us help you get out there... safe and sound.